SJCam SJ5000x 2.7K Actioncam
Important Note: Some web sites list this camera as a 4K camera. While this camera can record 4K video, it is interpolated – which basically means it is 2.7K video stretched to 4K dimensions… so it’s deceiving to call this a 4K camera. It is not. #HonestSales 😉
The SJ5000X is the cheap alternative to a higher-end GoPro in the Ultra HD space.
Records video in the following resolutions and framerates:
- 4K interpolated (not true 4K) at 24fps
- 2.7K (2560×1440) at 30fps
- 1080p (1920×1080) at 60fps
- 720p (1280×720) at up to 120fps (selectable at 120/60/30fps).
The SJ5000X also features:
- Gyro anti-shake stabilization (works surprisingly well!)
- Motion detection
- Video recording while charging (I use this to keep the camera running from an external USB battery pack. when the battery pack is dead, the camera battery takes over, so I get a LONG record time)
- Clean HDMI output which can be used for live streaming
- WiFi capabilities to allow you to preview and control the camera from your smartphone or device such as iPod Touch or tablet
- 12.0MP imx078 CMOS image sensor
- Photo modes: Single shot, burst-shot, time lapse, continuous
- Supports MicroSD up to 32GB (we recommend Kingston SDCA3)
- Includes 900 MaH battery, compatible with SJ4000 batteries
- Includes waterproof case rated to 30m
- Includes a boatload of no-charge accessories to get you started, including a helmet mount, bike mount, etc.