1080p 30fps In-Line Video Capture Recorder for HDMI, Component or Composite
NEW VERSION: There is a newer version of this device which we reviewed in 2019. See https://shop.category5.tv/?product=1080p-30-fps-hdmi-component-video-capture-to-usb-without-computer
- Infrared Remote Control allows you to change the input source, the resolution (720p or 1080p) of your recording, triggering record or taking a still snapshot.
- Three input options: HDMI, component or composite. Automatically recognizes the input video source if only one devices is connected, but you can also use the remote to choose the input source.
- Input / Pass-through Resolutions: 720 x 480 (60p), 720 x 576 (50p), 1280 x 720p (50p), 1280 x 720p(60p), 1920 x 1080 (50i), 1920 x 1080 (60i), 1920 x 1080 (24p), 1920 x 1080 (25p), 1920 x 1080 (30p), 1920 x 1080 (50p), 1920 x 1080 (60p); Capture Resolution: 720 x 480 (60p), 720 x 576 (50p), 1280 x 720p (50p), 1280 x 720p(60p), 1920 x 1080 (50i), 1920 x 1080 (60i), 1920 x 1080 (24p), 1920 x 1080 (25p), 1920 x 1080 (30p), 1920 x 1080 (25p), 1920 x 1080 (30p)
- SNAPSHOT feature: Captures one still image of the screen with one press.
- Has a microphone input and audio line output.
- Since it supports HDMI, Component and Composite capture, you can connect both new and retro gaming systems to record your gameplay.
- Can be used in-line of an HDMI video camera to record the camera source as it travels to your broadcast rig.
- The single button on the top of the unit starts and stops video recording.
- If you plugin a composite or component device, it will be converted to digital automatically and output to your HDMI device, making this much more than just a capture device.
- NO computer needed. Records directly to SD or USB media.
- Important Note: The USB flash drive or SD card need to be formatted FAT32 (no support for exFAT). The device will automatically roll the files as your record since FAT32 has a 2GB filesize limit. So if you record 4GB of video, you’ll simply find that it saved it to two individual files. These can be easily stitched together in your video editor.
- HDCP copy-protected content cannot be recorded with this device. Do not buy this intending to record copywritten content.